Thursday, January 20, 2011

Valentine's Day preparation

Even though we have a little less than a month away until Valentine's Day...Cailey is in full swing of it!
I always make Cailey's Valentine's for her to give to her class. I cannot help the control issue and I love anything pink and brown or red and white!  Anyways, we were in Target going through all the Valentines and Cailey could not resist looking at all the Valentines, in fact I was even in aw! We stared at all the Valentines for a good 10 minutes and my logical brain (yes, sometimes it does make practical decisions!) decided to let Cailey buy her Valentines this year! She decided on Hello Kitty and Rapunzel.

I figured we would buy them early and she could work on signing them throughout these cold and miserable dark nights....Oh no! She sat down that very night and worked through all 34 Valentines. I am so proud to say they are all signed, put together, and placed in a nice clear ziplock bag! It is such a breath of fresh air to know that I am not working on them day in and day out... sewing,stamping and distressing the edges....just for the kids to tear apart and realize that there is no cool tattoo or sticker!



Now, don't get me wrong I have a lot more Valentine's Day ideas. Especially now that I don't have to make 34 cards.

No comments: