Thursday, January 20, 2011

A nice surprise

This week has been a pretty drab of a  week! Even though I had Monday off (always makes a longer work week when you have a Monday off), it has been a long week!

During recess time I went into our school office to check my mail box and right on top of the counter was a little gift for me! Yes, a gift for me...super excited as I was, I dropped everything to check inside the bag...


JACKPOT...A scrapbook Etc. magazine and a cute jar with the red flavor starbursts...it totally made my day. In fact, I had tests to grade and things to get done, but I just went back to my classroom, closed the door and kicked back and read through the magazine while I enjoyed some starburst!

It is such a great feeling to have a something given to you for no good reason. It really makes a person feel really good. So I am going to make a goal once a month to do something nice for somebody...It does not have to be much, just something little to let them know you are thinking of them! So to all my readers, even the ones that do not follow (maybe you should...hahaha) it just might be you that gets a nice surprise one day!!!!



All I have to say is thank God we did not have indoor recess!!!

And if you are that certain someone (that happens to read my blog) that "made my day" THANK YOU!!!





2 comments:

Live, Laugh....Love said...

Remember...it's the little things that always mean the most!!!

Melissa said...

The unexpected surprises are the best! You deserved it! How funny, you bought your valentines and this was the first year that I was actually going to make them!