Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Cailey Mae

Dear Cailey Mae, today you turn 5 years old. 5 isn't old, but it is too old for me! Just yesterday, I was buying you baby clothes and wishing you could move up just a few more sizes to the little girls because they had a cuter selection. Now we have passed the little girls and are now in the "big" girl section and I hate  it...I want you to go back into the little girls! The "big" girl clothes are way to grown up  for you. I catch myself going to the little girls and having to pry myself out of the section. I ask you to stop growing and you tell me that you have to grow to be big like Shelby (you idolize your cousin!). 

I have loved every minute of you growing up. You have always been a pleaser in the family. Ever since you were a baby you have enjoyed life! When you were sick or when you are, you still keep a smile on your face. You are very sensitive and I love you for it. I and everybody else can always count on getting a hug from you!

You love to be comfy...when I mean comfy, comfy it is...stripped down to your panties! You drive your daddy crazy. Every night when he comes home you are usually running around with just your panties on. I wonder when that will change?


You have plenty of toys. However, your favorite thing to play with is your stuff animals and dolls piled around on blankets having tea parties and birthday parties!

Right now you are really digging the Wii and love playing "Just Dance",  you also like to dress up so you can dance with the music. You asked for a radio for you birthday so you can listen to your own Cd's in your bedroom (when did you start wanting to listen to your own Cd's?). You also love to do crafts and play with play dough, you can spend hours playing with that stuff. You have a huge heart for animals and love them all, okay maybe not snakes, but most animals.

(this is not our dog...We found him while taking your pictures and you fell in in love with him...no we did not take him home either!)






You are extremely shy, painfully shy. I try everything I can to get you out of your shell and it is not working. I want to get you into clogging, but daddy thinks we need to wait. You did not like soccer, maybe this year we will try t-ball!

You don't really love school, but you don't hate it either. You go with the flow. Everyday you take something for show and tell for the letter of the week and your favorite thing to take is something found on yourself. The other day you took your giggle for the letter 'G' and your blue eyes for 'B.' School is going much better this year than last and you don't cry every time Lynn takes you. I wonder how you will do in kindergarten...I already worry about that!

Cayden idolizes you! And you cannot stand that from him. He loves to copy everything you say and do and has learned so much from you...good and bad!


You hate to go to sleep by yourself! I have to go to bed with you and sneak ever so quietly out of your room every night (sometimes you catch me and I play dumb and tell you that I fell out of bed!). Deep down, it does not bother me much. You are not going to go away to college with me sleeping with you so I will enjoy it while I can. You always wake up around 2ish and sneak into daddy's and my room and finish sleeping on the little bed that I make for you every night, always next to my side of the bed. Which once again drives your daddy crazy!!!

Cailey, I love you so much and always want you to stay little. I know I have no control over you growing up, but I do have control over how much I love you and that will never change.


Love you,

           Mommy








Happy 5th birthday bug! I sure hope you have a wonderful Hello Kitty 5th birthday!

No comments: