Thursday, January 13, 2011

Project Life 2011


Super excited to say that I am up and running on Project Life 2011...Thank you Mrs. Becky Higgins. I did not think she could do it, but this kit is better than the last one. I bought the turquoise edition, but there is an Amber edition too. If you have not seen or heard of it you need to! You can get all the information here .

As I was finishing up on my Project life 2010, I was amazed! To see a complete album done front to back in chronological order, is amazing. The kids really do change a lot in a year! This album is real life...not perfect pictures with the perfect clothes... Instead it is pictures of Cayden having croup in the hospital, my nephew James being life flighted to the hospital, Cailey learning how to ride her bike without training wheels and having the training wheels put back on, medicine bottles from both kids being sick at the same time, Cayden in his underwear and on the potty for a billionth times trying to get the potty training down, to the kids sleeping and playing together (yes they do love each other sometimes). Don't get me wrong, I still love to scrapbook, but now I don't feel like I have to document everything in those pages. Instead, I am going to choose only a couple special events out of the month and scrapbook those moments. Project Life has really let me let go of the overwhelming feeling of never being caught up in the kids' books!

So now I have put together my new book. This time I took a different approach and put the whole entire thing together. Now all I have to worry about it writing on the cards each day and dating them. At the end of each month I am going to print all my pictures from that month and then place them into my album.

Here is how I put my album together.

First, I distressed every card! It took an evening, but totally worth it!


Second, I place each stack of cards onto the counter and then placed them in order into the album


Third, journal...this is an ongoing daily project...


Fourth, insert pictures at the end of the month.

I am super excited to continue doing Project Life...It is quite contagious! My little Cailey Mae even asks to take pictures or put things into my album...I wonder how many more years I have until she asks for her very own????

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That looks like a lot of work, but what a great project to look back on! Good luck with it this year!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing how you put your album together...I'm loving seeing the different approaches to Project Life :)

Jackie said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm new this year. The way you explained how you layout the album helps give me a better gauge on how to keep it up.
Thanks again!