Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


This weekend was quite the busy weekend. On Friday night we finally broke down and joined all the other Emmettins and went to Idaho Pizza. I love their pizza and their salad bar. I don't even like salads, but their salad bar has so many choices that I can load my salad up enough that I actually like it! It was a great outing. The kids behaved very well and ate everything on their plates. Afterwards, we came back home and watch Couple's Retreat. It was a funny movie and we both just enjoyed the night and just lounging.





On Saturday night we were invited to a good friends 30th surprise birthday party. Cody's mom took the kids overnight, so we could enjoy the night and sleep in a little. I love surprise parties, especially when they are really surprised! He thought he was going to his wife's grandfather's 80th birthday party. When he saw everybody I thought he was going to die of embarrassment. After the party we went across the street to a local bar and enjoyed being around friends and dancing to a great band...The Pistols (if they are every playing around I highly suggest going to them, they are really good!). We actually closed the bar down; I don't think we have ever done that! I did not drink that night for somebody had to be the D.D.; however, the next morning I was sure I had a hangover. Not going to bed until 3:00 just is not normal for me!

Cody and I ready to go out



Sunday when we finally woke up, 10:00ish. We got up and got ready to get the kids. Cody gave me my Valentine's gift...new shorts and a shirt. We then went grocery shopping and then came home. The kids got some goodies (color wonder coloring books and a new watch band...see my next post of watches my sister -in -law sells) from their Grandpa Rocky, Grammy Teresa and Auntie Alisha to open. We got them a Valentine's book and a balloon. The kids got Cody some fudge and a Superman card that had their voices recorded and the Superman theme song. After opening gifts and eating all the candy they got, we played outside and then came in for a great dinner (rib eye roast). I set the table a little more special for tonight and the kids got a kick out of it. After dinner we just watched a little TV and went to bed.






Our nice dinner



I love weekends when they end in a very relaxing way....Hope everybody had a great Valentine's Day and enjoyed the little special moments.

No comments: