Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love is in the air

Cailey's heart hair for school

I love Valentine's Day...not the Hallmark day of buying stuff, but all the stuff you hand make with love and patience. We have been busy making Cailey's Valentines for her school. When I say we, I do mean everybody...Cody, Cailey, Cayden, and myself. They turned out very cute. I made candy sundaes for her teachers. Which I thought turned out cute until I took them to the school. On the way there they completely fell apart. So I had to turn around and re-do them at home to turn back around and let them fall apart again. I took them into the school and said here you go, I was able to mend them back together a little, but still was not what they looked like when I left.

I took the day off for Cailey's preschool Valentines party, which was unneeded because there was no party. However, I loved being able to come home and hang out with Cayden and get some much needed house cleaning and laundry caught up.

After school, I brought Cailey and one of her best friends home. We had heart sandwiches and fruit for lunch. After that the girls just played and Cadyen tried to be involved with them.

All in all, it was a great day. Oh ya, did I mention  the sun was out and it looks like the weather is finally going to start getting nice :) Yeah


Cailey working hard at signing her name (notice she always has her clothes off?)



Cody very proud of himself for helping (notice Cayden is naked to? He always copies Cailey)



The finished product of  30 Valentines


Teacher gifts


Cailey and Raimee

4 comments:

Susan said...

I loved those teacher gifts. How neat. How did you make them?

Coming over from JEssica's blog~

bonniecronquist said...

Thanks Susan...I got the sundae glasses at our local dollar store. I then used staples (the half square looking ones, I believe you use them in staple guns) to secure the taffy onto the green foam you use for fake flowers. I think the bigger the staples you use the better the taffy stays in place. Have fun making them, I sure did :)

erickaarchuleta said...

Bonnie I am so impressed too. You are quite crafty. Do you just come up with these ideas on your own?
Ericka

bonniecronquist said...

Erika...I wish...I search on the internet a lot and then try to make me into it some how.