Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions

Where do the months go? Before I know it another year is over. What happened to 2009? When I was younger the days seemed to go by so slow! Now they go by so fast that I hardly have time to think what we even did for the day. This year I am going to set small goals to work on to try to keep the days so we can remember.
Goal 1: Take a picture everyday of the year and journal about it. I just recieved a new scrapbook kit called "Project Life" it is by Becky Higgins and I am very excited to use it. Basically you take a random picture everyday and journal about it. At the end of the year you have a whole years worth of pictures document. You work on it everyday, so I am going to try to do it NOT get overwhelmed with it.

Goal 2: Keep a cleaner house. It is not that we live in a piggy house, but there are days that I would rather not have somebody stop by because of the unneccessary clutter. Each night I would like to take the time to tiddy the house up. I aslo would like to keep a cleaner bathroom. Our bathroom suffers the most in our house. It is probably because nobody ever sees it.

Goal 3: Play with the kids more. I seem to get tied up with life. Even if it not important such as surfing the web or watching a TV show. I want to turn off the power and get down on the floor and play with the kids! There is always time to do that after they go to sleep. However, when they are asleep I would like to focus more on scrapbooking again!

Goal 4: Giving myself at least one day of the month for me! Cody always is busy working cows or working or helping somebody else and I get upset because I never get time to step away and do something I enjoy. I would like to try to give me one day or even a night to scrapbook or go shopping or even get a massage. Not only will I feel better having some personal time I think my husband and kids would appreciate me more too!

Goal 5: Cody and I go on at least one date per month! We are lucky to go on one date every 3 or so months. We really need to step away and take time to be together. Even if we just go out to a restaurant in Emmett. We just need alone time together.


I am sure there are a lot more things I should focus on, but like I said. I want a few things to work on.  I think these goals are mangable and I am going to try to make them work. Here is to a new begining of 2010. Hope it is a great year!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wow! That is a admirable list of things to do this year. Could you maybe put a few of mine on your list and get them done for me???

Love the blog; thanks for going to the effort.