Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday Party


This year for Cailey's 5th birthday we had a Hello Kitty themed party...Cailey chose the theme and away I went with it!

I worked on the party planning for a good three weeks on and off. I tried to include Cailey as much as possible.

Ready for the details??? (beware...tons of pictures)






I started off with making the Invitations...Hello Kitty heads of course. Inside of the invites I had "Come for Cake..Come to Play...Come and Celebrate...Cailey's 5th birthday. I wanted to attach a Hello Kitty bow (over the paper bow) for all the girls to wear to the party. But I came to my last nerve senses and realized that I was not made to be a bow maker!

We hand delivered all the invites. Cailey was very excited to give them out.


Throughout the weeks I made different games for the kids to play...

Musical Hello Kitty's

Pin the bow flower on Hello Kitty


When the girls all arrived to the house they found a cardboard hanger with a pink dress to be bedazzled. Boy did they bedazzle them! (My mom is such a wonderful mom. She sewed all the dresses for these Kitty's. She went way over and beyond my great idea!!!)


When they finished bedazzling the dresses, my sister-in-law painted noses and whiskers onto all the girls.




While the dresses dried, we played the two games.





After the games, we opened up presents...I love how Cayden (my son) could not resist hanging out with the girls and getting excited over some of the gifts that Cailey got. One day he is going to die of embarrassment!




Onto free time and then some cake and ice cream..


Before the girls went home they got to dress their very own Hello Kitty...Once again, courtesy of my wonderful mom! I cut the kitty's and she sewed them all up for me...what would I ever do without her? and dig into the pink candy jars for some yummy candy to take home with them.



It was a fabulous party. Many memories were made....Can I go back and be a little girl again?????


5 comments:

Kristi said...

I want a kitty doll! What a fabulous party; the cake was spectacular.

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

I have to admit, the nekkie kitties is my favorite photo, they are so cute all stacked up. Thanks for linking up to my Show and Share linky party.

Melissa said...

What a great party. Not one that I will ever be throwing, but very cute! Way to go Debbie on all the sewing, I bet the girls all left with big smiles.

Jen said...

I love the doll favor idea! Did you use a tutorial or make up your own pattern, also what did you use to decorate them? My daughters birthday is next month and I want to do a Hello Kitty party too. Thanks for sharing! I found you through pinterest.
sewfabulous-now.blogspot.com

Wenni Donna said...

I am in love with this Hello Kitty Birthday Party. The cake and décor is stunning. I can say that it was minimalist party that looks outstanding. At one of the best San Francisco venues we also would be hosting a Tumblr themed party for my daughter’s 15th birthday. I hope I will be successful at it.