Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July from our little family to yours
We survived yet another annual family tradition of going camping for the fourth. This is our 3rd year going to Cascade for their Thunder Mountain days. I always look forward to our camping trips with my family. We really rough it in the camp trailer, especially on this trip (hahahaha). We had to run everything off the generator there were not hook ups...but we seemed to make it through it.

On Saturday, we went to the Thunder Mountain Days parade, which is completely insane! For such a small town they put on a really good parade and every little kid is in the middle of the road. Thanks to Cheyenne this year. She really helped out with Cayden and Cailey. She was a lifesaver!

After the National Athem is sung two jets fly over everybody. Probably one of the best things about the parade. It always sends shivers down my spine! Cayden loved it!


Waiting for candy...which we got way too much of!


My beautiful sister and me...

After the parade is over we always head down to the flea market. It is a flea market...there really is nothing you need, but always fun to go to. This year we kind of lost Cailey. Worst feeling I have ever had!!!! We were looking at the sunglasses and she was by my side. Cody was leaning on the fence with Cadyen and keeping an eye on everything. My mom left and I was still looking at the glasses. When I was done, I assumed that my mom had Cailey. I asked Cody and he was not sure. I went down and found my mom with no Cailey! Instant panic!!!!! I couldn't even ask people if they had seen her without crying. Everybody in my family instantly started calling for her name and looking. We had stranger looking for her. Of course, when you ask people if they have seen a little blonde hair, blue eye girl about this high (using your hand), wearing a 4th of July shirt... she fits the description of every little girl there! After panic and about 4 mintues or so...it really felt like an hour. Tawnya called Tanner and his friend on his cell phone and Cailey was with them. Cailey saw Tanner and wanted to hang out with him and just left my side. However, Tanner did not even know she was them until he turned around and saw her. When he asked her if I knew where she was..She told him that I told her that she could go with him. Ugh! When Cheyenne brought her to me I was in tears and so was Cailey. I told her how somebody could have took her and she would never see any of us again! I think she learned her lesson becasue she asked from then on if she could go with somebody else. I am telling you that was the worst thing I have ever gone through!  But a good lesson for her to learn. Not to mention I was done with the flea market and ready to go back to camp!!!!

Got back to camp...Cailey went fishing with Cody. I so wish I was there! Cailey caught the first fish, reeled it in, touched it, held worms and everything. Of course, if I was there she probably would not have touched any of it! Cayden and I stayed at camp and took a nap.

That evening we made ice cream, in the ice cream ball,  had a great dinner and then watched the fireworks.




waiting for the fireworks to start. See how cold it was? Look at my mom!


This year, we froze our butts off! During the day it was nice enough to wear shorts and t-shirts, but in the evening boy, you needed your snow gear on! But we made the best out of it and had a lot of fun. Of course on our last day there, it was the nicest and we were able to go down to the lake for a little play in the sand and water. Oh well, maybe next year.





We came home Sunday, July 4th, just in time to go watch the fireworks that Emmett puts on which for a small town is really good!


1 comment:

erickaarchuleta said...

Oh my gosh I was having an anxiety attack just reading your lost Cailey story. Wow a mom's WORST nightmare!
Ericka