Monday, August 16, 2010

life is so unpredictable!!!

This is a little old, but in July we had a scare with my nephew James. He was with the babysitter for the day and she had thought he choked on a pretzel. He went completely limp, eyes rolled back into his head, and foamed at the mouth. She thought he was dead at the arrival of the Emmett hospital. The hospital (good ol' Emmett hospital) did X-rays and could not find the pretzel in him and were not too sure what was going on so they life-flighted him. SCARY...I was so amazed at how brave my sister was. I would have been a total mess!


At the pediatric ICU of St. Lukes they came to the conclusion of a temperature induced seizure. They are not sure if he will ever have one again or if it was a one time deal.

I am so thankful that the babysitter had him and not me. I would have freaked out! She is the best babysitter ever and I am so thankful that she is our babysitter too!

As for James, he is fine! He almost seemed fine before they life flighted him. But what do you do? Take the risk and drive him yourself to Boise and then have something horrible happen and you never forgive yourself again? Or take the blow and life flight him? I would have done the same for my kids.

Like I said, life is so unpredictable you think finally when they are pass 1 year that they are fine! But so untrue! I think it is probably just the beginning.

No comments: