Monday, November 12, 2012

Cayden's 5th birthday...Superhero style

 
 
Last weekend was Cayden's 5th birthday...sigh!!! His first "friend" birthday...sigh!!!He was so excited for his birthday! And I was totally devestated that he is now a whole hand old!





 His "real" birthday was on Tuesday, November 6th, but Cody was not home from working out of town so we did not celebrate until that Saturday. He woke up on Saturday and informed me that his real birthday was today. LOL. I guess you don't officially have a birthday unless you have friends and presents.

The party was only 1.5 hours, but totally long enough for a bunch of 5 & 6 year boys. I was really hoping for a nice warm day and getting a bounce house. Then I was really hoping for even a 50 degree day and a bounce house. Still no such luck, so I scrambled for in- house things to do with the boys.

I found out that it does not take much for boys to get excited about anything!

When they first got to the house each of them got their very own superhero cape with their own initial on it (thanks to my wonderful mom who can sew like nobody else!) and then they decorated their own superhero cuffs (made out of toilet paper rolls).

Once they were equipped with their superhero get ups they were ready to fight off the bad guys! We went out into the garage and sprayed the bad guys with silly string. They LOVED it! I love the expressions on everybody faces. They were so excited (note to self...by tons of silly string for any party)!


















Once the bad guys were defeated we were ready for some pinata fun! Yes, I made the pinata and it is not one to brag about, but I did it in a few days time and the kids still had a great time batting that thing open!
 
 
 


Once all the candy was collected, we went back inside to open presents and have cake and ice cream.

Cayden had a great time and I think 4 other little boys did too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bonnie, you are such an awesome mom! It looks like such a blast.

Melissa said...

Such a cute party. I agree 1.5 hours or less is the perfect amount of time for a party. Boys are alot of energy and are loud, they are only having fun if they are wrestling around, chasing, and fighting each other. Gotta love sewing moms! P.S. Your hair is adorable!