Friday, April 30, 2010

My little soccer player...NOT

Cailey was so excited to play soccer this year. All she could talk about was soccer. She was very excited to get her favorite color of shirt (red) to play in....Then came the games. She will not do anything. She gets very nervous in front of people and just wants to be with me. The very first game, she wouldn't even clap everybody's hands after the game.  She has gotten better and will finally congratulate all the players, she even will throw the ball in, and kick it to start the game off. But if you ask her to do anything else...NO WAY! Last nights game, she had  a great chance of kicking a goal, but she froze and looked away.

Cailey would much rather play on the sidelines and try to find Jodie Farnsworth's slug bug. In fact, on the first soccer practice she and all the other players were working really hard and she stops right in the middle and yells, "Mommy, mommy! Slug bug blue!" Then she goes on to come up and slug me for it. Then of course all the other little kids start playing slug bug.

I really thought I was going to pull my hair out coaching these 4-5 3-6 year olds (Yes, some turned 4 on the week before our game and some are turning 6 before the season ends). However, I am having so much fun. I have some very advanced kids that I have to take out during the game because all the other kids don't get a chance and I have some that would rather play slug bug (she is not my child!) or do somersaults down the field.
Second to the last game (two days before May) and we are having to dress like it is winter

No comments: