Friday, April 16, 2010

The cowboy, the city girl, and the little inbetweens

Back in the day (high school) I rode the horses, baited my own hook and did everything I could possibly think of to be with Cody. Now, 11 years down the road, I don't care to go riding (truth to be known, I am kind of scared of the darn horses), I don't bait my own hook (I HATE worms), and I love to hang out at home.

Cody says I am false advertisement. I say that I am marketing to the right person!  But I am happy where we are at. I love that we both have hobbies away from each other. Even though I like to complain that he is always gone, I really don't mind it (just don't tell him!).

Today, I surprised Cody by taking the kids up to Uncle Ronnie's house for his branding. It was a total spur of the moment, as you can tell by what the kids are wearing (flip flops & shoes), but we actually had a great time.


 Even though I hate to go out of my comfort zone, I enjoyed getting outside in the dirt and dust and watch the action of some cowboys! Being out there reminds me to stop and enjoy the little things that we take for granted. I also believe that it is important to allow the kids to take an interest in what they are interested in and not what Cody and I push on them. That is why I call Cailey Mae and Cayden the inbetweeners...they are part country and part city. Cailey Mae loves to get her hair and nails done. Loves to go shopping. But she is also game to go whistle pig hunting and riding the horses with daddy! Cayden loves to be outside and play sports of all kinds, but he is also up to go riding the horses or 4 wheeler and digging in the dirt. They are my inbetweeners!!!!



Cailey trying to figure out how to get out into the arena without getting hurt or in trouble!
Cayden waiting for Cody to give him a ride on the horse
There is something to be said about a girls best friend, the  loyal dog (even when the dog is not yours).

My cowboy


Kids playing in the dirt

Seriously, does life get any better than this???????

No comments: