Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Days when daddy is home

Never once did I think Cody would have to work away from home. We always have lived in this "perfect" little dream. Well not anymore. This economy sucks right now! Last year Cody worked 176 days away from home! We got a nice tax return back because of it, but so not worth the money! The kids miss him terribly, I miss him more than words can explain and I know that he misses us too. But we gotta do what we gotta do to make ends meet so here we are. The weather is getting nicer and so of course he is back to work and away from home, again.

However, when he is home we make the best out of it! The other day we went whistle pig hunting and loved it! Cayden was a little unsure of the noise from the gun, but he enjoyed just riding around in the truck without his carseat buckled up. Cailey, on the other hand, LOVED the shooting. She said the next time she goes, she is gong to shoot one in the eyeball. I am not too sure if I should be proud of her for saying that or a little disturbed?

Cody took Cailey and Shelby along for a walk to find some whistle pigs



The kids also love for Cody to bring home his work. They love to ride around in the machinery and "help" their daddy with the work.




2 comments:

erickaarchuleta said...

Bonnie,
I don't know how you do it all week without your hubby. You are a super mom and wife and always find ways to stay positive and motivated. You are very inspiring:)
Ericka

bonniecronquist said...

Thanks Ericka...we do what we gotta do :) I never thought I would have to be one of those wives, but it is what it is. However, I really don't know how Aaron can do what he does...crawling under peoples houses and finding mice nests...ewwwww!!!!